Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Some more thoughts on interviewing-Austin B

 By Austin Briggs

Yesterday was very interesting in the interviewing department. I talked with the Light and Power manager of Longmont about cities offering broadband services to citizens. He was an awesome source and talked at length and seemed genuinely passionate about technology and helping me out. It was a reminder of how fun it can be to talk to people in the community and find out more about what's going on in the world.

   Then in the afternoon I had an interview with a head of a department here at CSU. It was one of those pulling teeth interviews and she looked at me the entire time like I had a third eye or something. I sometimes think the professors and administrative big shots on campus are so worried about saying something that's outside of the official Public Relations party line that they become bores.

No comments:

Post a Comment