Saturday, May 5, 2012

My first actual real life board meeting-Austin Briggs

I was assigned to cover the Board of Governors meeting last week for the Collegian. Besides city council and the school board meeting this was the first actual meeting I had to cover where it actually mattered as far as having to get it 100% right because it was going to be published. The other senior reporter Kate Simmons helped- it was her first meeting as well.

Needless to say, I was very stressed out and barely slept the night before. I absolutely have to learn how to take better notes when I'm observing things. I just try to write down everything everyone is saying and it's a nightmare. I think we did a great job and thankfully the CSU public relations team sent us a press release with all the important financial info, like the tuition hike numbers and everything. The story practically wrote itself.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to efficiently take notes I am all ears. I think that is the number one thing (in the short term atleast) I have to learn how to do.

Austin Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment