Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Do We Have to Reveal Who We Are?- Chance

A blurry line I am trying to make more distinct is of revealing my identity if not asked.  If I attend say, some meeting of a activist group that is open to the community, can I attend as a curious citizen wanting to learn more? 

If asked who I am and why I am there, I am certainly not going to lie, but if they are giving up free information the the public, why should I scare them with the presence of a journalist?  I feel it would be a much more potent report if one could attend a public meet up such as this without anyone knowing there was any sort of media presence.  There would be a much more unfiltered exchange of thoughts and ideas which could be quite telling. 

Also, if I asked questions of someone I definitely wouldn't publish their responses unless I told them who I was and why I was there.  Even still, couldn't I wait to hold questions until the meetup was at a conclusion?

No comments:

Post a Comment