Thursday, May 3, 2012

Finding Sources

By Tom Mullen

You know finding sources seems pretty easy at first. Its obvious what people you should try to talk to with most story idea.For example, with my bike deft story I know I wanted to talk to Fort Collins Police and Campus Police. But you know actually getting these sources to cooperate is a lot harder. The Fort Collins police department seemed nice enough but I had to be shuffled around a little bit before I got someone that could actually help me.

The Campus police was a little more difficult. Each time I called it seemed like the person I needed to speak to was out. I've noticed that this has happened a lot over the course of the semester. I can never get into contact with the right person until the last minute. Maybe its just me but I do wish sources could be a little more cooperative sometimes. I guess that just comes with the job of being a reporter. Nobody likes to get bugged by the press.

No comments:

Post a Comment