Thursday, May 10, 2012

Internships

by Tom Mullen

This summer I have my first internship at the CBS Channel 4 station in Denver. I'm really excited since lately I've been becoming more and more interested in Broadcast Journalism. A few months ago I got to take a tour of the station and watch them do the 5 p.m. Sunday news and its was so awesome!! I got to sit right in front of the news desk and watch the anchors do their thing. As an intern I'll get to help put together news packages, shadow reporters and producers, and get to go on-scene and help follow up on stories.

As Stoked as I am I'ma  little nervous too. Never having done an internship before I'm not quite sure what to expect. All I know is that internships are key to finding good jobs after college so I'm gonna work my hardest. i know some of you guys have done internships in the past and if you have the time you should give me some tips and tricks. I would greatly appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment