Monday, May 7, 2012

Final thoughts- austin

 Austin Briggs

I think this has probably been the more helpful journalism classes I've had so far. Knowing what I know now I wish I could go back and take Jack Lovelace's feature writing class. Even going back and looking at stuff I wrote last semester I cringe, so I know I must be improving.

I'm glad that we weren't limited to focusing on our chosen beats for the entire semester. I had a hard enough time coming up with those first ideas so it would have been tough. I think that having the freedom to choose different subjects made the entire process more enjoyable. I enjoyed meeting the class to cover the meetings and our little field trip to the courthouse.

I have come to realize that going to classes is only part of the college experience. I really think that the networking aspect of it and meeting people that may be able to help you out is vital to the entire process. I am really regretting having spent 2 years in community college, I would have been so much better off doing one year there and three at CSU. So goes life. I appreciate all the help and good luck to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment