Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rock Climbers Don't Like Journalists

By Chris Lindsey

While writing my feature story, naturally I had to go all over the Rec Center asking people questions, including the staff.  Everyone was very easy going and willing to answer every question.  However, when I made my way to the rock it was a very different scenario.  I walked up to one of the staff members and asked for a couple questions.  She immediately gave a glare to her supervisor and said, "Do we talk to the press?"
Her supervisor looked suspicious of me.  "What are these questions pertaining to?"  he immediately asked me.  I explained how it was for a class and a weblog.  He still remained hesitant and told me his staff was not interested in answering any questions.
Next time you go to the rock wall in the Rec, just remember, they wouldn't talk to the press.  What if they do have something to hide?

No comments:

Post a Comment