Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CSU coaches are NOT talkative

By Chris Lindsey

After taking a great deal of time looking for an in-depth story, I finally decided to write it on student athletes living among other students in college.  It sounded like a great idea.  After emailing several coaches--not just the big ones, but even smaller sport coaches--I only receive one email back.  From someone I never emailed, Thomas Ehlers.  The only thing he said was that Coach Mac would be unable to assist me, but that he might be able to.  With no other responses and one from someone who could only barely help me, this story seemed to fall apart in front of my eyes.  Luckily, I have several contacts in the Rec Center from previous stories, and with the assistance of Donna will be able to pull together an in-depth story of some part of the Rec Center.  I believe college coaches should be somewhat more accessible to the student body in situations where they need to be contacted.  Even that could be a good in-depth story--if I could talk to one of the coaches about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment