Thursday, April 19, 2012

Personal Reflection-Austin Briggs

    I had some fears before the class started about being able to find sources for my chosen beat, which was politics. That turned out to be a valid fear, as the first few stories we did I had a hard time putting things together to come up with good story ideas. As the semester went on and we were able to write stories outside our beat I've had an easier time.
   Before this class I had never covered live events like school board meetings or city council. I am getting better at writing feature stories but still have a lot of work to do before I'm comfortable with being able to gather information on the fly and write down relevant quotes in real time.
  I will be writing more stories for the Collegian next semester, so I'm sure that will be a good learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment