Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Quintessential Source List


By Logan Martinez
I have my ways around finding sources and a lot of time it feels like luck. If you talk to one person, they will introduce you to a web of people. I always feel lucky when I talk to the “right” person. But I will divulge how I find that right person to start with. In my stories it always starts in the same way: looking up the website of the event at hand. That is what I did today, looked up information on the website of the Annual Trial Gardens. I feel like this is a smart way to start, but hey, every journalist has their own way. I look for a coordinator or an event they might be at to confront them with my story. The next step is to call the source, not email, call. Email is too slow and by the time they respond my deadline is always up.
These are the main ways I get in contact with the right sources for a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment