Thursday, April 26, 2012

On being a sad journalist


Sometimes I get sad about journalism. Sometimes I feel doomed to a life of excessive stress, long hours and tons of cats. I question the work I’m doing in school to obtain a degree in this field that is hard to break into and even harder to make an actual living in. But through all my worries and woes, I do see the gifts pursuing a degree in journalism have given me. Here are things a journalist can do that other people can’t:

-Talk to people (we are very socially apt beings)
-Write above a 10th grade English level
-Be creative, be serious, be critical, be inspiring (all at once!)
-Learn stuff. All the time. No restrictions to what, from who or how much.

Double yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Also, journalists have the biggest vocabulary of any other career field.

    -Chance

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the more words you have, the better you can express yourself. maybe the most important thing to value. good point!

    -cc

    ReplyDelete