Monday, April 30, 2012

Journalism or......Arby's?- Austin B

By Austin Briggs

   Like most everyone else who's getting a degree in journalism I have a healthy fear sometimes about my job prospects after graduating. My writing still has a long way to go before I would say that  I would stand a good chance of actually getting paid to write.

 After taking a few newswriting classes and writing stories for the Collegian this last month I've come to realize that these skills have to be applicable to alot of other jobs. Being able to gather information on the fly, becoming a mini-expert in whatever it is you're writing about in just a few days, finding sources, interviewing people and then writing a story under the stress of deadline has to instill good work qualities and abilities in a person that most employers would appreciate. Or so I hope. If not, I can always blog about what it's like working at Arby's.

No comments:

Post a Comment