Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Interview with a drag Queen

By Logan Martinez

To be honest, I was a bit scared to interview a drag queen, well, frankly, because I had never talked to a drag queen before and it seemed intimidating. But, I pulled up my bootstraps and walked into the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender office and asked "Is there someone I could talk to about - ahem - the drag show or drag queens?"The receptionist, a college girl with piercings on her face and purple in her hair, calmly responded," I don't think we have any officers here to talk to, but hey, Erik is a drag queen and you could talk to him." Whew. That wasn't so hard, now who was this Erik person and would it be hard to talk to him? No. Not one bit. In fact, he was the most friendly person I could have met. His language was filled with "Oh, Honey," and "darling" which showed off his exuberant personality.

I don't know if I will ever have to write another story on drag queens, but I hope to someday. It was quite a wonderful experience.

You can see the story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment